Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ben


"Ben"
a short story by Haley Montoya
Haley comes home in the evening after a late networking event. "Hey Ben, what did you have for dinner? You smell like rosemary." Haley notices and overwhelming presence of the herb around Ben. "Oh, I made an Asian style pasta." This confuses Haley. "Oh really?" Haley asks, "what else did you use?" She asks, wondering what ingredients they even posses for such a meal. "I added some ginger, garlic and cumin" Ben proudly states". "And how did that taste?" Haley wonders aloud. "Well," Ben says thoughtfully, " I ate it all if that means anything. I didn't realize the lid on the rosemary bottle was off completely, so I kind of had a lot dumped in the pasta, but I just mixed it in." "You do know cumin is used in taco seasoning, don't you?" Again, Haley is confused "Oh...it is?" "And rosemary is usually reserved for turkey and stews." "Huh, I didn't know that." Haley looks at Ben, perplexed while Ben seems innocently indifferent by the thought of his creation. Chapter 2: "Ben, what on earth are you eating?!" Haley asks as she sees him spooning white and brown soft food into his mouth, wondering what two foods they could possibly be. "Cottage cheese and peanut butter" Ben states as if it were an obvious snack choice. "You have got to be kidding me. That is the grossest thing I have ever heard of." "What!" Ben exclaims, "what could be better than cheese and butter!" The End

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss you two! I hope all is well in the CO! Can't wait to come visit in February!

    ReplyDelete